How to Pick the Right Security Gates for your Business
One of the best ways to keep a business safe is by using security gates. Physical security makes it significantly more difficult – and much more time-consuming – for someone to break into a property. This is important because many robberies are what are called “smash and grab robberies.”
In these crimes, criminals break through doors, windows, or other entry points, steal whatever they can get their hands on, and flee the scene quickly. Smash and grab robberies are very effective because, even if a property has an alarm system that immediately contacts the police, it will take some time for the authorities to arrive. Criminals take advantage of this fact and get in and out of a property in only a few minutes.
Physical security gates place a barrier between criminals and your property, making smash and grab robberies considerably less possible.
But, with so many security gate companies out there, how do you choose the right security gates for your business? Here are a few picks.
Picking Security Gates for your Business
Every business and every property is unique and, therefore, there is no “one size fits all” solution to choosing security gates. However, if you’re looking for gates, there are several things that you will want to pay attention to.
- Your layout
- The layout of your property definitely matters when it comes to choosing security gates. Business properties that have several entrances and many large windows will naturally have different security concerns than ones that have only a single solid door, for instance. Kiosks, stores within shopping malls, and other such properties will have their own security concerns as well.
- It’s important to consider all entry points, not just the main entrance or the front window. Criminals will look for the easiest way to enter a property and if there is an alternate entrance is that unprotected, they will exploit this weakness.
- How the gates work
- You’ll want to make sure that the gates you choose not only provide complete protection for all entrances, but that it’s possible to roll or fold them out of the way during business hours. You don’t want to end up with security gates that are intrusive or bothersome to customers and staff when they’re unlocked. You also don’t want gates that are difficult to use.
- Whether or not you require additional physical security
- Some businesses can benefit from physical security inside their locations as well as gates that protect the entrances. For example, retail stores can place small yet valuable items behind security gates to reduce shoplifting and help control inventory.
- When you’re looking for security gates, you’ll want to consider if your business could benefit from other forms of physical security as well.
- Choose the right company
- Picking the right company to supply and install your security gates is crucial. Not only will you want to work with a company that delivers high quality products, but you’ll also want to make sure that you’re choosing a company that has experience. This will help ensure that your gates are correctly installed, but it will also mean that you’ll get the best possible advice on selecting gates for your particular purposes.
- You will also want to choose a company that is easy to get in touch with, one that provides good customer service, and one that offers strong warranties on their gates.