Making sure your personal information is kept safe should be one of our greatest concerns. The damage that can be done is difficult and very time consuming to repair.
Today more than ever are we hearing about hackers, and that files being breached. It may be very difficult to control where and how your information is secured when sharing it with the necessary people, this includes retail stores right up through government agencies.
We are caught between a rock and a hard place sometimes, as our information needs to be shared in order to get what we need as well.
The larger the company or organization, the better the security policies and responsibilities are. But what about our pharmacist, Dentist office, Doctor office, insurance broker or employment agency are these types of places keeping your personal information secure? For you own peace of mind ask them how secure your information is. Keeping your files in a computer that is kept in a building without security could put your information at risk.
The responsibility and vigilance does start with you. Monitor all your financial statements, looking for unusual or unexplained activity; this is the first sign that someone may be using your identity. Get annual credit reports.
Take precautions with your identity;
- Do not throw out bank or credit card statements or anything else that has your information on it, Shred it!!.
- Do not throw away a old computer, remove and destroy the hard drive first.
- Do not leave items with your personal information in your vehicle.
- Do not email your personal information.
- Have you noticed a store clerk, check the back of a credit card to verify signature? Great tip I learned is to write on the back of the card, “check my photo identification”
Security requires vigilance, whether it is your identity, home, car or business. Make a yearly effort to review your security.
Are you looking to improve your warehouse safety? Contact us for your security and safety barrier solutions.